Monday, January 01, 2007

One Year Down

We've officially put 2006 behind us and I can't express how happy I am that this year is over. It's been a short year, but one filled with many occasions.

The year started and ended on a difficult note for me. I've had four different addresses, bought three houses, traveled out of state twice (with two 4+ hour delays), broken a bone, and even had a (not so) little puppy add to the household. The difficulties behind me haven't just been with the dog destroying couches, trash cans, patio furniture... and sufficiently trampling all over my careful balanced sanity. Losing my job and my steady source of income has definitely been a major blow. My brand new dishwasher breaking twice in two weeks. Multiple summons to the courthouse. Finding out who is your friend, and who is clearly not your friend. Not to mention the day to day drama that is in constant supply (and very rare demand) from my lovely family. I've been lied to, betrayed, and deceived. I've had my name dragged through the mud. I've had people put me in danger, and even had a few of them leave me out in the cold.

2006 was clearly just not my year. But it wasn't entirely bad. I did make friends, and re-establish old friendships that I continue to hold very dear to my heart. My not so little puppy has been a constant source of laughter and fun in the household. I've been lucky enough to establish my name in an industry that doesn't keep people, let alone their name, around for more than a few months. I've been loved, cared for, and admired. I've had people seek me out because they trusted only me to help them. I've had people put their lives and livelihood in my hands. I've been graced with respect from people I never knew.

I'd like to say that I hated 2006, but that would be a lie. To be honest, I loved 2006. A love that can never be summed up in a few short words - because no words are availble, in any length, to embody the heartache and the joy.

I have learned that it is important to keep putting you heart on the line, even if you fear it'll be trampled on. I've learned that it's not all fair in love and war, but victory lies in wait for those that play the game with honest rules. Money is not everything. It's only good to worry if you think you can find a solution to your problem, otherwise knock it off. Investing your trust in another person is the most expensive and valuable gift ever. Finding out the truth, regardless of the cost is far less expensive than maintaining and perpetuating a lie.

I wish everyone a 2007 to remember. I hope that you never have to see such heartache, but be graced with joy. I want everyone to know what it's like to have love, in whatever form it may find you. Good luck, everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home