Monday, October 02, 2006

Hey guys - take note of this....

I didn't write it, but its a good point. Kudos to the original author. I hope you don't mind but I've tailored it just a little bit.

Read on...

WHAT WOMEN REALLY WANT

We've all heard the old adage - a man wants a lady in the street and a freak in the bed. We're all familiar with the whole Madonna - Whore theory. But whatever you call it, I began to wonder... Is there a corresponding theory for women? What do we want in the street and what do we want in the bedroom? My first instinct is to say "We want a man who's hard in the street but gentle and nurturing in the bedroom". But my conversations with other women, not to mention my own primal instincts tell me differently.

Whether we want to admit it or not, the mutating gender roles in our communities have changed the sexual dynamic. Let's face it - for too many women in urban communities, the power structure has shifted. Women are increasingly more educated, have higher profile (and higher paying) jobs, and often find themselves making more money than their male counterparts. But the more things change, the more they stay the same. Even with all these trappings of success and power, women can't quick kick the intrinsic need to be dominated by men. The influence of Gloria Steinam, India Arie, and Oprah not withstanding... our genes still long to be dominated by the strong Y Chromosomes (preferably attached to tight abs). Back in the day a woman's career opportunities were limited to stay at home moms, secretaries, and teachers -- we were professionally dominated by men. The work force was a place of powerlessness for women. Finance was a place of powerlessness. Technology was a place of powerlessness. We used to relinquish all control to men in all matters, intellectually and financially. The only places we had power was in the home and in the bedroom. And that was where we dominated. Our domination was our will to submit and cater to our men. Our domination was to control what he ate, where he made love, when he cleaned the garage, and when he came home from work. A man bent at our will because he liked it.

Oh, how things have changed.

Now we can dominate the boardroom, manage the finances, and acquire whatever material possessions our heart desires and our mind can dream. Now that we can and do dominate all day every day, what happens to that ingrained need to submit? I believe that it's a self - evident truth that it is, indeed, alive and well.

Many men don't understand this, but women are strong because we have to be, not because we want to be. We long for the times where we can be vulnerable and dominated. When can we just lay back and have someone tell us what to do for a change? Do you see where I'm going with this?

When I have to be powerful all day, I welcome the chance to come home and be dominated. I long for opportunities to relinquish power, a time when I don't have to be strong and all-knowing. Can you just be the man in this relationship? Because you live in a world that's hard, a world that attempts to emasculate you at every turn. You live in a world that has a constant desire to prove to you that a woman can do just as good of a job as you in the boardroom, the classroom, and the workshop. That's the world, and this is home. I want you to know that your home will always be a place where you can be a man. I want you to come home and find all the manhood you feel you lost in the rat race, the manhood you lost to aggressive police officers, the manhood you lost bowing and scraping to The Man. All the manhood you lose in this world, I want you to find it at home. Find it on my back, my stomach, my neck, my mouth, my touch. Take out your frustrations deep inside me. Let me be a woman, let me be overpowered, let me submit. Let's reacquaint ourselves with our primal instincts, our genetic pecking order too long suppressed by social evolution.

WHAT WOMEN REALLY WANT

We may act like strong, independent women who don't need nothing from nobody. Most of us are fatherless girls who would like nothing more than a man to take control, for once, in our lives. Whatever guys want to be in the street is fine; just be a man at home so I don't.

_________

Again, kudos to the author.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home