Sunday, January 15, 2006

Ramblings of a Wannabe Insomniac

Wow, I've got a lot of stuff going through my head right now and I don't think anything that I'm going to write is even worth reading. But here goes:

I can't get this one guy out of my head. He usually calls and wakes me up, so he's the first thing in my head. We'll call each other while I'm at work so I think about him at work. And I call him when I'm on my way home so he's captured my nights too. There is just something about this guy. It's like - there are guys that meet 50% of your "What I'm Looking for in a Man" criteria. This guy meets about 90% of it. And before all you idealists come out of the woodwork - very rarely does a man meet all 100% of the criteria. He's kind, he knows how to have fun, he's laid back, he was raised with manners, he's gorgeous, he's a roughneck, and he's affectionate. He's the kind of guy where you don't want to wait until he makes a move. You're all over it.

Here's the problem: He lives 1300 miles away. And I've only seen him once for about a week while he was on my couch. He keeps saying that he's going to move to the same city, but I think that's just a pipe dream. Men have a tendency to say what they think women want to hear. But, he'll be here in about a month which gives me enough time to figure out what's going on between us. It's not like I can call him up and say 'Hey, we need to have a serious conversation' because it's not at that point yet. I guess I just have to wait, see how things play out. And at this point, I can totally handle a Friends w/ Benefits thing. Boyfriends are cool and all but sometimes they can get expensive. Especially when they're 1300 miles away.

It's past 1 am now and I'm not even tired. I could read, or do more shopping. It's a damn shame when I have cash in my pocket... I spent way too much $$ today. I think I shopped for damn near 5 hours. Hey, I like a good shopping spree and all but c'mon!

I think I'm going to go and check out Old Navy, I love that store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home